The Camera Bag is Here

Our Snoop Camera Messenger launched last night after four years of requests. Thank you for staying the course! We really do listen and making a camera bag is tricky business so your ideas were a big part of making this happen.

Now about our camera bag . . . We made it little different than the rest. It’s a dedicated camera bag that looks and performs like a classic messenger so no one knows what you’re carrying and you don’t have to own a uni-taster. The fuzzy, padded moveable walls in the camera insert let you kit it out for your gear and the insert itself Velcroes in/out of the messenger so the bag is still functional on camera-free days. The size small works best for casual, weekend warriors and travelers while the medium works best for professional photographers and/or gear heads. We hope you love it and we hope you rock it. Check it out.

Small Snoop in SF
Timbuk2′s friend Elia and her small Snoop Camera Messenger in San Francisco. Photo courtesy of Miquel Hudin.

Timbuk2 Camera Bag
Getting into the size small Snoop Camera Messenger. Photo courtesy of Miquel Hudin.

Small Snoop
The Snoop Camera Messenger getting a ride with Elia in San Francisco. Photo courtesy of Miquel Hudin..

Timbuk2 Camera Bag Inside
Organize the inside of the Snoop Camera Messenger however you like it.

Comments

1. Courtney says:

This bag looks sweet! Can I buy the insert to put in my current Timbuk2 messenger?

2. jon says:

please sell the insert separately =)

3. PMan says:

Hi,

Can I just ask if the small bag will fit both a camera body as well as a 13″ laptop?

From the photo it shows the medium fitting both fine, but that the small may not fit (no pic of a small with both the camera body and laptop).

If the small fits both a 13″ and a body, I’m all over it in a flash! :) Thanks and keep up the great work!

4. Josh says:

Hey quick question.
    Is it possible to purchase JUST the inside camera pad so I can use my messenger bag that I got today as a bag/camera bag? If I knew about this bag I would have bought this instead :(
    Oh well..

But yea, plz lemme know if you sell the inside pad seperately! Via e-mail :>

Josh

5. B Reardab says:

any chance of just selling the insert?

6. Soren says:

Do you think there is the possibility of having the insert sold seperately? I have several of the older medium sized bags and would love to retrofit them with a camera insert! I have been using a sweatshirt in my Timbuk2 for years instead…

7. tim says:

can one purchase the liner separately? i’ve been using a large messenger bag as a camera bag for ~4 years now, and love the stealth approach, but padded compartments would be nice.

what is the capacity, in terms of bodies, lenses (size?) and flash units? all told, i can jumble two gripped bodies, a flash and up to five lenses (including a 70-200 f/2.8) in my bag currently, but the emphasis is on jumble.

8. Benjamin says:

Do you sell just the camera bag insert? I already have two Timbuk2 messenger bags.

• Lizzy says:

9. Dave says:

Yes, pleeeeeeeeeeeeease sell the insert separately!!! I love my custom messenger

10. Avram says:

Will the medium accomodate a body with battery grip attached and lens mounted?
    Current laptop messenger is just a hair too narrow…

11. jerome says:

Will the medium accommodate a 15″ laptop? Specifically, a MacBook Pro?

The Medium is listed at 13.98in wide, whereas the MBP is listed at 14.35in wide.

The numbers say it won’t fit, but the photos make it seem like it would, so I just want to be sure before I pull the trigger!

12. Sean says:

I would buy the insert the day it comes out, as would at least 5 others I know with timbuk2 bags and other mesenger bags.

13. David says:

I have the laptop messenger and I would love to just drop in the camera insert!

Please sell the insert separately. I would be first in line!

14. jon says:

“We’re not selling the insert separately at this time. Sorry! But there are a LOT of requests for us to sell it separately so we will definitely look into here.”

that’s really too bad and i don’t think it’s based off “LOTS” of requests. it actually happens the other way where you don’t want to cannibalize the sales of the snoop bag during the holiday break. if anything maybe 4-6 months down the road, hopefully you’ll consider it or perhaps if the sales of the snoop bag isn’t that good then you also might consider it.

i do like the addition of the tripod strap at the bottom of the snoop bag. it’s quite clever. i’ll await when the snoop insert is sold separately.

15. David says:

Please, please, start selling the insert separately! Pretty please?

16. Julia says:

Thank you for this recommendations fantastic critique; this would be the kind of consideration that retains me although out the day.I’ve forever long been wanting around for your web-site best suited after I viewed about these from a close pal and was happy when I was in a position to come across it best suited soon after hunting out for a while. Being a skilled blogger, I’m grateful to find out other folks taking gumption and adding in direction of the community.

17. Evan says:

I love my Timbuk2 bag!

please please please start selling the insert separately!!!

18. shannon says:

Please sell your inserts separately. I think most people would like more color options instead of the 3 you have with the Snoop. This will allow us to buy a small and insert, at lease we have the color we want.

19. Lexi says:

Please please more color choices. What happen to that nice lime/grey. I think it will be a long wait. Huh??? I may have to go with the Mountainsmith or Tenba insert and custom a small messenger bag.

20. josh says:

There are only two colors for this bag. We need more colorful colors. Try ordering a small messenger bag and get the Mountainsmith insert bag. Really fits well. My friend has did this. I may have to do that cuz I can’t wait for new colors.

21. ellan says:

I am also interested in purchasing the insert separately-I would buy THIS bag, but it only accommodates a 13 inch laptop and i need it to fit a 17 inch macbook pro.. So am looking at a customized bag (the large messenger) but it is not complete without the inserts…,

22. Jason says:

I too would by an insert for one of my many timbuk2 bags. I can justify another separate bag.

23. Dave Wyman says:

I, too, would like to see the insert sold separately, for my Timbuk2 messenger bag.

24. Spencer says:

I too would like to buy the insert for an existing bag. I don’t love the available color combinations and don’t need another bag. I would recommend adding the insert as an option to building a custom bag and offer it separately. If this isn’t offered in before we leave for our trip to four third world countries, I will be buying another manufactures inserts.

25. Rowan says:

It will be great if you sell the insert separately. I already have a timbuk2 messenger.

26. Andrew Sullivan says:

Really, you’ve either got to sell the insert seperately or let us customize the Snoop! If ever there was a bag crying out for a Grab Strap, this is it.

27. laptop guy says:

Thanks for the review, Lizzy. That’s a great looking bag. It would be nice if it came in some contemporary color combinations like purple and black.

28. ritarama says:

Yes please sell the compartment insert separately.
    I have several of your bags and the compartment as an insert would be fantastic, so you can move it from one bag to another as needed.
    I love your bags. Keep up the great work.

29. Olympus PEN E-PL2 says:

That canon bag setup is the coolest. great article

30. kanye west glasses says:

Do you prefer the Canon or Nikon? A little off topic, but wonderin?

31. bk says:

10. cap the camera body with the cap
    11. slide back into bag

A simple 11 steps to ensure you miss EVERY PHOTO POSSIBLE

final step

C’mon Timbuk2!! Create a messenger bag that photographers can USE

32. Bettingo says:

This http://www.timbuk2.com is cool. Keep posting buddy !
    365 bet

33. David Russell says:

FINALLY! Having used (and loved) a Classic Messenger for four years now, I’ve wanted Timbuk2 to make a camera bag since I started using a DSLR. Style and (important for the west of Scotland) totally reliable waterproofing mean that I’m now desperately searching for a UK stockist who carries this.

34. Waffles says:

I am really dying to buy a custom bag – but the camera insert isnt an option and I cant buy it separately so I’m buying neither.

35. Jonathan says:

I just bought the medium snoop bag on sale. I can’t wait for it to arrive as I have a large messenger I never use. My daily bag is a medium or small timbuk2 so I hope I can swap the insert into my large unused bag.

36. KumarM says:

What size Timbak2 snoop camera bag that hold the Nikonn D600 Plus battery Grip Plus 18-250mm lens , all attached.

Trackbacks

1. Tenderblog » Rickshaw rocks the recycled bags says:

[...] pimping out the new Timbuk2 Snoop Camera Messenger a few days back, Chris, the fellow in charge of marketing at Rickshaw dropped us a line to check [...]