A Diaper Bag At Long Last

The question to build or not to build a diaper bag has rattled around Timbuk2 since 2004. Our designers and marketers argued over the meaning of the diaper bag – does it have any meaning? – its form, function and users. Does one really need a diaper bag? What happens after diapers? Does it have to scream “I’m a diaper bag?”

While we had this diaper bag conversation on loop, you persistently asked us to solve your diaper schlepping needs. It took us close to a decade, but we listened.

Stork on back

Congratulations and thank you. As in the case of our Snoop Camera Messenger, your persistance paid off. Say hello to our Stork Diaper Messenger. A covert diaper bag in a messenger chasis that will work hard for you in and out of diapers. Features that make it work:

• Waterproof TPU liner with tough guy tricycle print.
  • Grab strap for easy lifting.
  • Internal water bottle and bottle bottle pockets. A cold one for you, a hot one for mini-me.
  • Padded removable changing pad with an external, stretchy pacifier pocket, two internal mesh diaper pockets and one clear zippy pocket for dirty dogs.
  • Clear three-zip front organizer help the sleep deprived find what they need like now!

Launches on December 1, 2011 on timbuk2.com and in the Timbuk2 Retail Store.

Getting ready to ride
Changing
Ira3

One bag cannot be all things to all people. Some will wish the Stork was a tote, others a pack. Let us know what you think; your feedback keeps us moving forward.

Comments

1. Danielle says:

Finally!! If I ever see it in stores in Japan then I will compare it to using a classic messenger.
    Thanks for the new option! V

2. John L says:

I’m going to HAVE to knock up my wife just so I can justify this bag!!!

3. Sergio Rodrguez says:

Yes, just in time for baby #2. Will there be different size options? What is the price point on the bag?

As always, thanks for all your great work. This bag will definitely be added to our collection.

4. Jon says:

In 2006, when my daughter was born, I was in search of a “kid bag”. My wife had decided on a diaper bag that, while it was black, had an appearance that gave away it’s sole purpose.

That’s when I found Timbuk2. I built a custom, awesome XL Classic Messenger that worked perfectly. It carried everything, looked great, and held up to spills, over-packing, and getting thrown around. Best of all I never had to look like a dad carrying mom’s bag.

As my daughter is now older, it is still my go-to bag for day trips and vacations. I even got a handy “camera bag” insert so it can perform yet another role.

I do like the accessories, and wish they were around when my kid was younger.

2 cents, from a very happy Timbuk2 customer.

5. KHAN says:

Finally!!!. I’ve been using my extra Timbuk2 messenger bag as a diaper bag for couple years now.

6. Julia says:

Yay! I have been long awaiting a timbuk2 diaper bag! I have used the old timbuk2 tote bag from back when it still had a cross-body strap, and this will be a definite investment! I like the idea of a tote bag instead of a messenger because of the hassle of a flap top. I found if difficult to fool around finding something I needed while holding a squirming baby if I had to flip the top up. When I used my T2 messenger, I actually just left it open with the flap behind it so I wouldn’t have to strategically position the baby on my hip while holding open the bag with my chin in order to find what I needed. Hence why I have been using a tote now. The zipper top is awesome and I like that mine still has the cross body strap. I am so glad I will soon be able to add this to my timbuk2 collection (which might contain over 10 bags… but who’s counting?)!

7. Jon_L says:

Great idea, my sister in law has always wanted a timbuk2 messenger diaper bag and with her number 2 on the way i may have to surprise her and my brother

8. Kim says:

I am expecting my first child so this bag is just in time! I love my messenger bag and yoga mat bag (from ~4-5 years ago), so I can’t wait to add this to my T2 bag stash. Finally a diaper bag that does not scream “diaper bag” and “uncool” :) Thank you Timbuk2 team!

9. Chloe says:

I was wondering if you ever thought of making a bag, where it can hold a full load of books and groceries for the hungry student or culinary student?

10. MJ says:

Thanks for making this bag! Excellent idea! Any chance a more female-friendly version is on the way (i.e. more color options)? Also, would love to see a bag that has the option of being a backpack or messenger bag…

11. PV says:

You should make these diaper bags customizable, since they are most similar to the Medium Classic Messenger sans grab handle. (I’d like my diaper bag to be noticeable from a distance to know that it’s my T2 bag.) I’m still trying to decide between the Stork or if I should custom build a Medium Messenger and add my own changing pad and KF baby diaper bag insert. Just had my first kid so I won’t know how much more(?) stuff I’ll need to carry when she becomes a toddler.

I was looking at the Diaper Dude bags, but know that the T2 bags are more durable. Maybe offer the Stork in a few other color schemes?

12. Diapers says:

“I am very happy to read your articles it’s very useful for me,
    and I am completely satisfied with your website.
    All comments and articles are very useful and very good.
    Your blog is very attention-grabbing. I am loving all of the in
    turn you are sharing with each one!…
    Diapers

13. Samantha L. says:

Now you just need to offer a diaper bag in backpack form. Seriously, though…do you have a diaper bag backpack?

14. diapers says:

I am very happy to read your articles it’s very useful for me,
    and I am completely satisfied with your website.
    All comments and articles are very useful and very good.
    Your blog is very attention-grabbing. I am loving all of the in
    turn you are sharing with each one!…
    diapers

Trackbacks

1. Harper + Timbuk2 « What's New Harper Sue? says:

[...] out Harper + Patti demonstrating the new Timbuk2 baby bag on the Timbuk2 [...]