2013 was one heck of a year for us at Timbuk2 Seattle! Sure, we were only around for 8 months of it, but those months were packed full of awesomeness that we won’t soon forget!
It all began in May
From that point forward, we dove extensively into many events and partnerships that are near and dear to all of us. Here’s some highlights:
- We were stoked to partner up with Kind and celebrate Bike to Work Month – giving out blinky lights to commuters.
- We supported the ADA Tour de Cure, through volunteering the day of the ride and raffling off a custom bag of choice to one of the lucky Red Riders.
- We launched our free bike share with great success!
- We volunteered at The Bikery for the launch of their new opening and donated a custom messenger bag to help raise funds to continue their work in creating collaborative, hands-on education in bicycles and cycling for all.
- Throughout the summer we hosted weekly bike rides around to different parts of Seattle.
- We set up bike sprints at the Capitol Hill Block Party.
- We showcased the awesome talents of local artists with our Timbuk2Tattooed bags. These were displayed, voted on, and the winner received T2 credit and money donated to their favorite charity.
- We sponsored the Seattle Bike-in, bringing together bicycle enthusiasts, transportation advocates, environmental groups, artists and community leaders for a celebration of biking and environmental sustainability, ending the evening with Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure on the big screen!
- To kickoff football season, we launched the Timbuk2 Tailgater bag. The first initial run of 6 sold out within days, so we made another round of 12 – and guess what? We blew through those as well. #GoHawks!
- Kelli Refer launched her first book, Pedal, Stretch, Breathe (a book incorporating bicycles and yoga) via a multi-modal tour of the PNW, ending up in our store with a reading and bike yoga.
- We partnered with Zipcar on Parking Day, took over an on-street car parking spot and spread the word about a car-free lifestyle. Victor, our resident skeleton, also took part of the day’s festivities.
- We threw #Growler4Good with our friends at MiiR and Bike Works – we celebrated bikes, beer, and bags with all proceeds of the night benefiting Bike Works.
- We celebrated the launch of our Distilled Collection with a dapper evening of jazz and whiskey.
- To top off the year we donated more than 75 recycled bags to Youthcare!
We sure couldn’t have done it without you, Timbuk2 family, so thanks for the high fives and all the support! Here’s to an even better 2014! Cheers!